It’s weird to think that our time as a family of three (four with Webster) is coming to an end. I know that life will be so much more full after our next little boy arrives but it makes me sad to see this season of life come to an end. Charlie is my buddy and I think my biggest worry about the future is how he will react when attention isn’t completely devoted to him. In the grand scheme of things, it will be good for him. This kid needs to know he doesn’t rule the world (he kind of does) but I’ll always cherish these last two years when Dave and I had no idea what the heck we were doing.
I’m living vicariously through this outfit because the jumpsuit definitely no longer fits the bump. I am saving it for holiday parties (paired with some fun earrings like these or these!) because it is seriously the most comfortable and flattering jumpsuit. I don’t know what it is about jumpsuits but I am always drawn to them. I think because they are an unexpected statement but also an easy outfit choice, like a dress but cooler. Despite the bump I am determined to share some fun holiday outfit ideas with you guys!
When Charlie started daycare I picked out this adorable little backpack (how cute are this and this style?) for him to use. He takes it EVERYWHERE. When we get ready for “school” he fills it with 2 pouches, a stuffed animal puppy that we call Webster and his water cup then he turns his back to me to put his backpack over his shoulders. He is so proud of himself as he walks out the door and I can’t help but feel proud of the little dude he is becoming. Here are a few more things that he is loving these days…
I am so excited to bring you my fall wardrobe checklist! As a Chicagoan, I pretty much have my cold weather wardrobe nailed down and today I wanted to share what I consider to be essential staples to any woman’s fall wardrobe. Obviously, not all of these items are completely necessary and everyone has their own personal style so make of it what you will. I find that fall is a time to get back to the basics and these items are pieces that would carry over year after year.
Want more Sequins & Stripes? Subscribe to get the latest and greatest right to your inbox!
Aside from our fall bucket list, I really want to make the most of our time before baby #2 arrives and do some fun fall activities with Charlie. Here are a few things on my list:
- Last year we took Charlie to the cutest apple orchard called Harvest Time Orchards. Last year we were too late to pick apples but we are hoping to go next week! They also have the cutest little petting zoo and donut shop.
- Make homemade pumpkin butter and put it in little mason jars for our neighbors! More to come on this but I am so excited to spend a day doing this with Charlie.
- Make halloween decorations for our front windows. This and this are cute kits for kiddos!
- Go trick or treating with friends.
- Bake my mom’s apple cookies (recipe to come!).
- Rake our leaves and then jump in them and then put them in those funny pumpkin garbage bags.