Happy first day of summer! I love knowing that this is the longest day of the year and that the sun rises early and sets late. I can’t help but think of all of the things I want to do before fall rolls around and we become a family of four (whoa). Charlie is into everything these days and I love doing new things with him, being outdoors enjoying the sunshine, and taking full advantage of the season. With the new house there are so many things I want to do so I thought I would put together a little summer bucket list…
Our Summer Bucket List
- Host a backyard bbq at our new place! Complete with twinkling lights and a pretty outdoor tablescape.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Sign Dave and I up to run a race before September 1. I love working towards a goal, especially when I’m pregnant and working out can take a backseat. This helps me stay motivated!
- Sign Charlie up for swimming lessons at our local pool.
- Go to a strawberry patch and make homemade jam.
- Take Charlie and Webster kayaking at my lake house.
- Take Charlie on an Architectural Boat Tour of Chicago (my favorite!).
- Sign up for tennis lessons!
- Book a trip for Dave, Charlie and I before baby #2 arrives.
- Get on a healthy meal routine and share more recipes with you all!
- Get organized and settled in our new home.
What’s on your summer bucket list? Anything fun? It feels good to write it all down, it makes me feel like I will actually accomplish everything I want to get done. Also, how cute is this dress (I’m wearing a size medium because of the bump!)? Everyone needs a stripe t-shirt dress for summer. This look is so simple but feels effortless and styled. I paired it with a straw hat and my favorite sandals. So perfectly summer!
Tonight happens to be our last night in the city. Charlie and Webster will be staying with my parents while Dave and I get settled with the movers and go out for dinner to top off our years in the city. It’s bittersweet but I am so so excited to finally be in our home! I’ll be sharing sneak peeks on instagram so be sure to follow along!