Our mischievous, fearless, dramatic and sweet baby boy is 16 months old! I guess I can’t call him a baby anymore as he is officially labeled a toddler (insert crying emoji). Everyone says that time goes fast but it really is sickening. To think that this is how I felt at one month or that Charlie was that tiny!!!!! I wish I could get those days back. But, at the same time everyday is more fun than the day before. He is in full discovery mode and watching him explore the world is the best.
At his 15th month appointment he weighed 20lbs 14ozs and is in the 10th percentile for weight at 19th percentile for height (he is a peanut). He got his two bottom teeth at 10 months old and just now his top two teeth are finally coming in! He has been super crabby and I’m ready to have my happy baby back (but then the rest of his teeth will come in so basically I’m anticipating the “teething” stage to last for the next year).
Charlie loves: saying “uh oh,” clapping for himself, eating everything in site, his blankie, Webster, running to Dave when he gets home at night, reading books (especially the Little Blue Truck series), smoothies, Sesame Street and his mama.
Charlie does not love: getting his diaper changed, when you tell him “no,” his car seat, wearing shoes, the stroller and teething.
His favorite activities include his Monday morning My Gym classes, Tunes with Tim at Monica + Andy, trips to the Nature Museum, walking Webster around North Pond, riding his Thomas train, grabbing smoothies at Real Good Juice, dancing to music from the record player, jumping on the bed and reading books together (my favorite).
Charlie eats everything but here is a typical day…Breakfast: an egg with cheese or peanut butter toast, raspberries and yogurt. Lunch: avocado, mac and cheese or grilled cheese or pb&j and fruit. Dinner: turkey meatballs or chicken dumplings, Dr. Praegers broccoli bites or spinach cakes, frozen peas and some fruit. Snacks: Cliff Z Bars, oranges, string cheese, Pirate’s Booty or applesauce pouches.
Our most used baby products at 16 months:
- After replacing our Motorola monitor three times, we purchased this Infact Optics baby monitor and it has worked perfectly. Clear picture, great sound, displays temperature, holds battery and is a great price!
- OXO Tot High Chair. I get so many questions about this chair and let me just say WE LOVE IT. It also comes in 30 colors!
- Donkey Weekender Stroller (seen here). Our favorite stroller by far! Smooth ride, stylish and holds everything. It is ideal when I’m running to the grocery store and have to carry a few bags home. We keep it at the bottom of our apartment building because it is by far our most used. Our on the go stroller is the City Mini GT which we also love. Great for travel!
- Dohm Sound Machine. This literally stays on 24/7 in our house. We never turn it off. Mostly because we don’t notice it at this point but also it is Charlie’s saving grace when it comes to sleep. He hasn’t gone one day without it since he was born.
- Drop Cool Mist Humidifier. A life saver in the winter months. Our apartment gets really dry and this makes sure Charlie sleeps well, especially when he gets a cold. This runs almost every night he sleeps during the winter months.
- I had a hard time transitioning Charlie from the bottle. I took a friend’s recommendation and tried the Nuk Active Cup and he dropped the bottle in one day! Charlie takes 6oz’s of milk, 3 times per day – when he wakes up, before his nap and before bed. This is what we use and love for now! He uses this straw cup for water throughout the day.
- Dave and I take Charlie out to eat at least once a week and I am so thankful for this silicone placement. Mainly because he is a terror and likes to throw all of his food on the ground for Webster. We also use this lobster chair at almost every restaurant because Charlie can wiggle out of the wooden chairs.
Charlie wears clothes from Zara, Rosie Pope, Nordstrom, Old Navy (who currently has 40% off EVERYTHING for kids and baby), Roberta Roller Rabbit (pajamas) and Gap Kids. I’m always on the hunt for cute baby brands for boys so if you have a favorite send them my way!
If there is anything I didn’t answer please feel free to leave a question in the comments and I’ll answer it there!
PS: You can check out Charlie’s nursery here with links to everything in his room!